If you like the idea, here's how we made them!
What you'll need...
* Large jars of baby food
* Spray Paint
* Scrapbook paper
* Labels (2x4)
* 3D stickers with your letter of choice
* Glue Dots (Regular and 3D)
Here's what you do...
1. Empty all the baby food jars. It would be nice if there was a way to NOT waste the baby food, (feed to a baby, coax someone to eat some for you, use jars that are already empty, etc) but you may end up just throwing a lot of it away. :( We bought lots of fruit kinds, so though it may not have been the dessert he was looking for, my step-dad cleared a jar with a smile on his face!
2. Remove all the labels. You don't have to worry about little pieces that stick to the glue, the rest will come off when you wash them.
3. Rinse out what's left in the jars and run them all through the dishwasher. Your guests will thank you for that later. :)
4. Make sure the lids are completely dry, and take them outside to spray paint. They will probably need a couple coats.
5. While the lids are drying, punch out whatever you would like to put on the top of the lids. I used a scalloped punch and brown scrapbook paper for the background, and a heart punch with pink scrapbook paper for behind the "M".
6. Once lids are dry, create your embellishment for the top of the lid as follows:
7. Create a label for the jar. I just used a label template with 2x4 shipping labels in Microsoft Word and printed them out. Stick labels to jars- make sure to cover any glue residue still left on the jars, and then tie ribbon around neck of the jar.
8. Attach the lid, and your very cute party favors are complete!
I can't wait to use them and make them again for another baby shower!! :)