Monday, November 29, 2010

Finding Out & Telling the Hubby...

So let's go back to Sept. 26th...
For some reason I could not get to sleep that night. I was rolling around thinking about how unprepared I was for school and my endless to-do list wouldn't stop running on repeat. I decided to just get up, go watch T.V. and mess around on the computer. Knowing that my scheduled visit from Aunt Flow was due that day and she never showed, I thought, "What the heck, I'll just grab a test just to see." Brent was sound alseep and I headed into the living room, now on a mission. (I should preceed by saying that we had decided to start trying for a baby, and this would have been my first monthly visit after stopping the pills.) Anyhow, I was definitely hopeful, but not too convinced that it could possibly happen so soon... until the 2 mins were up and I saw this:
Now, I know what you're thinking...jump, scream, cry, then go wake up the hubby, but I just couldn't do it! I'd always imagined me telling him in some fun and creative way, and I just didn't think waking him up from a deep slumber would do it. I also knew he schedules very little time for surprises in the morning. This meant I had to wait until the next day when he got home from work (longest day of my life). That night I started cutting out letters from scrapbook paper that spelled out "Welcome Home" and then I used a digital scrapbooking kit to spell out "Daddy." As soon as I got off work the next day, I ran into Walmart to get pink and blue balloons. I rushed home and quickly start blowing up balloons, hoping he wouldn't get home until I was done. I hung up the letters and scattered the balloons all over the floor. When I heard the garage door go up, I stood in the middle of everything holding the 2 positive tests (yes- I took a second one the next day just to be sure).


Needless to say he was quite surprised and excited! We both couldn't believe it happened so soon, and we thank God everyday for his timing and blessing. June is such a perfect time for us since I will be off school! Stay tuned for how we told the rest of the family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment