Sunday, October 9, 2011

Four Months Old!!

Dear Maddie,
I truly cannot believe you are already 4 months old! Where has the time gone? We have been having an absolute BLAST with you!! See this smile right below...it is the most beautiful thing we have ever seen!
You have grown so much since your birth. At your 4 month check-up, you weighed in at 12.9 pounds and were 24 1/2" long. You are measuring up perfectly, which is no surprise since you "bicycle" at least 6 miles a day! You are SO active! There are times when you really don't want to be held because you want to get your exercise on. Future athlete? I think yes!
You do so much now, too! You can roll from your tummy to your back and from your back to your tummy. You're not super consistent, but you can do it. You love to sit up and even try to stand when we are holding you in our laps. Sometimes you act like you just want to jump down and start running somewhere. Slow down little girl...I want to soak up all the baby time I can get!
You have also become quite the chatter box (I see many parent-teacher conferences in our future!) You ramble on about all kinds of things. It is so funny to have "conversations" with you. I really wish I knew what you were telling me, I bet it's some great stuff! I have to tell you, the most beautiful sound in the world is your laughter! I feel so accomplished when I get you giggling because it is so STINKIN' cute! You could turn anyone's bad day into the best day ever just with your smiles and laughter; they are so sweet!
This month you have really started loving to play with toys. It is so fun to watch you reach out, grab a toy and then shove it into your mouth! We also love to watch you wrestle with your teddy bears, they don't stand a chance against you! You also found your feet this month. Pretty soon they'll be in your mouth, but they haven't quite made it there yet. You've been teething for a while, but still no teeth. For now, we can just continue to expect that you'll be chewing on anything you can get your hands on, including our fingers!
You still sleep very well at night. You only wake up a few times when you realize your paci has fallen out. I do the blind hunt to stick it back in your mouth, and then we both quickly fall back asleep. Thank you SOOO much for being a good sleeper! We are SO lucky!!

Well, I guess that's about it for now. I can't wait to see what milestones you hit this coming month. Thank you so much for being in our lives. You are such a blessing, and we love you so very much! Lots of hugs and kisses!!

XOXO
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment