Monday, March 7, 2011

Show Us Your Life {Family}

I have been SO blessed with a wonderful and BIG family! As some of you know already, Brent and I are working on our own little family right now, patiently awaiting our first child, Madison Grace. She will be joining us sometime around June, and we can't wait to meet her. For now though, here is my husband and I.

My immediate family is a little more unique. On my mother's side, we are a blended family. I have 3 older step sisters and one younger half sister. When we are all home, it is quite a girly place to be (my poor step-dad...he's such a trooper!) Here is our Christmas picture from 2009. It was the first Christmas in a long time where we were all able to make it home at the same time- very special! Brienne is a zookeeper, Britney is studying medicine to be a doctor, and Brandy is a Spanish professor. Angelica is in high school (growing up so fast!) She's a soccer star and is crazy smart! My mom and step-dad have worked very hard to make sure we are all healthy, happy, and successful! I thank God so much that they have been such a positive influence on my life!

My mom is so great to me! We are very close and have a lot of fun together. She has always gone above and beyond to make sure I had more than I needed to have a happy life. I never missed out- even when I complained (oh, those sweet teenage years.) She is such a hardworking and loving mother and friend. She's so sweet... she still gives me gifts on Valentine's Day! :) I thank God so much that I have a mother who is one of my biggest fans- as I am hers!

My dad and I are also very close. He has an awesome personality! He keeps me laughing and always looking on the bright side, even when all I want to do is complain. He works out of the country so I don't get to see him that much, but we still manage to squeeze in lots of laughter and memories when he's in town. I thank God that my dad has passed down to me such an easy-going, fun-loving way to look at life while also teaching me how to be there for others!

Back to my little sis, Angelica! I love this girl!! We are very close even though we are 11 years apart. She always says how much she looks up to me, but I think I actually look up to her more! Like I said before, she is crazy smart! She works so hard in school and in sports (she's a freshman on the varsity soccer team!) I can't wait to see how far she will go in life. I thank God for giving me such a wonderful, beautiful, and loving little sis...it's what I had always wanted when I was little and my prayers were answered!!

My newest immediate family, my in-laws, have also been Heaven sent! I always heard bad stories about in-laws, but let me tell you, I am blessed beyond belief! They treat me as if I am their actual daughter and are always there for my husband and I. I thank God that they live close by and that they are such a loving, supportive, Christian family for us to look up to.

My brother-in-law is also great! He and my husband have always been very close. They spent their youth riding four-wheelers, playing sports and being competitive in just about every aspect of their lives. They still are and it's quite humorous to watch! He stays busy with his job and is unfortunately not in the same town as us, but when we get to together is endless fun and laughter.

I know this post was supposed to be mostly about immediate family, but I have to include some pics of some of my extended family. We are all very close, and I thank God every day for every last one of them!

Love you family!! Thanks for always being there for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment